The storm started two days before Halloween. The little guy and I were at a birthday party for Sydney when the snow started. By the time we left the party the roads were slick and we had a long ride home from Dudley to Grafton! My car is horrible in the snow but I used the skills Eric taught me about driving in the snow and I made it home safely. I quickly got home and started doing laundry and cooking dinner because I knew we were going to lose electricity because it was a wet snow. Needless to say by the time I got my first load of laundry into the dryer and the power went out. I was expected it to be out for a day or so. We roughed out the night at home and then we spent all day Sunday out and about. We went grocery shopping with Marissa and the kids and then went out to lunch. We went to my father-in-laws' house to watch the Patriots game and assumed that the power would be back on when we got home but no such luck. It was pretty cold in the apartment (I think like 56 degrees). We stuck it up one more night in the apartment and snuggled under the blankets. By monday I had had it. We packed up our stuff and went to my parent's house. We stayed the night there. At that point the national grid website said we weren't getting power back until Thursday. We were all miserable and just wanted to be home. Tuesday morning I went home to collect more stuff and was elated to discover that the power came on! What an event.
Here's the tree that fell down at the end of my parent's neighborhood. We took the kids for a walk up to check it out.


The little guy with Xavier at lunch at Harrys. Eric is teaching Xavier all the boy things he needs to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment