Thursday, May 21, 2009

Doctor's visit

Eric had his two month doctor's visit on Tuesday. He now weighs 11 lbs 4 oz and is 23 inches long. He is getting so big! The nurse practitioner was very pleased with how he is doing. He is in the 50th percentile for weight and height. He got two shots and had to drink something for immunizations that day. The nurse kind of messed up the shots because she gave the first one and went to give the second one and realize he was bleeding and getting it on his shirt and she kind of panicked. She gave him the second shot and cleaned up his shirt but he was screaming so she felt really bad. The good thing out of it was that in her guilt she gave us a ton of free formula and a free sample of baby Tylenol! I felt kind of silly because it has never crossed my mind to have baby tylenol on hand at the house. I am not one to take medicine so it kind of slipped my mind. I had to realize that they baby may need it so I need to get some just in case! He had a slight fever after he got his shots so we gave him Tylenol before bed that night.


Yesterday he did not have a good day. He was as Sydney would say a "fuffy baby" (fussy baby). He spit up a ton with every bottle and was having a hard time sleeping. I felt so bad. We spent most of the afternoon at Marissa's house and on the drive home I had to pull over twice because he had spit up. He pretty much screamed the entire ride home. It was the longest car ride home ever! When we got home I decided to give him some Tylenol again. I hadn't given it to him that day because he didn't have a fever and didn't seem to be in pain but who am I to say how he was feeling. I need to work on this whole giving him medicine just in case business! I also gave him his gas drops and hour before he needed to be fed so his stomach would be nice and coated and then he got another dose right before his bottle. Eric fed him at 10pm and he did a much better job not spitting up. I really thought he was going to be up all night spitting up so I was prepared for a long night. I would hear him fuss now and then so I would jump up and check on him and he'd still be dead asleep. He didn't wake up until 5:30am! We both got a full night's sleep! So now it's 6:30am and I'm wide awake and he went back to sleep after his bottle. Who knows how often this will happen so I am just going to enjoy it!
Here are some pictures of him in his new sleeping arrangements!

No comments: