Last week was a rough week. The day after the baby got all of his shots he was spitting up on a constant. It's most likely a coincidence that it happened right after his shots but I'll never really know since the doctor's office apparently has no interest in calling me back. But anyway...everyone keeps telling me that it's probably not as bad as it seems. I get this. I get that he was not spitting up his entire bottle. The problem was that he was spitting up more than he ever has and it lasted for four days straight. I was so stressed from all of it and worried about him. He would spit up every ten minutes for an hour after his bottle and then three hours later he would spit up right when he should have been ready for another bottle. On Saturday I called the doctor's office, again a useless phone call. The nurse who seemed to have no affliation with that office so I don't know where she came from, told me that it's probably reflux and to put him on medicine and cut back an ounce of his formula. I refused to cut back an ounce, he would be too hungry. I was hestitate to put him on his reflux medicine because we have been so back and forth on whether he has reflux and one of the potential side effects of the medicine is constipation which just seems so much worse than reflux. The only reason why I finally decided to give him the reflux medicine was because the only nights he was sleeping for long periods of time was when I gave him tylenol which to me indicated that he must be in pain.
I had given him tylenol on friday night when he just would not stop spitting up and he finally ended up just passing out. But you just can't give a baby tylenol every night! So I started the medicine on saturday. Needless to say he was still spitting up, a little less but still spitting up. He also has not had a bowel movement since Sunday and he is not very happy about that (he's going to love it in about 15 years that I posted things about his bowel movements!). Today I made the decision to take him off the reflux medicine as quickly as I had put him on it (with some advice from my mom! Thanks mom! At least you answer my phone calls!). I tried at least and hopefully he's not in pain from reflux, just from constipation which will pass eventually. He has barely spit up all today despite not getting any medicine. I really hope he has a BM at some point between now and tomorrow because I really don't want to deal with the doctor's office. We so need a new pediatrician...
On another note... When Eric was born my sister gave him a silkie blanket because my nephew has several and loves them. It's just a tiny square blanket. One side is silkie and the other side is like a fleece material I guess, I'm not sure what you'd call it. Anyways the instructions for it said that the silkie side reminds babies of being in the womb. It also said to hold it when cuddling the baby so it gets my scent on it and when he sleeps at night it will be comforting. I have been giving him his silkie almost his whole life and he kind of has had no interest in it but lately he has been snuggling more with it. I normally cover his legs up with a blanket at night and put his silkie on the left side of him. The other night he had moved his silkie like this:

Too funny!!!
The other day we went to West End Creamery for the first time this season and I am so bummed because we didn't get a chance for anyone to take a family picture. We were all in navy blue red sox shirts and khakis. It would have been a cute picture. We will wear the outfits again soon when someone is around to take a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment