Friday, May 29, 2009

11 weeks young

The nurse practitioner finally called me back on Wednesday but by then it was kind of a waste of a phone call. I had taken the baby off the medicine, he wasn't spitting up much any more, and about an hour after I got off the phone with her he had a BM and has been regular ever since. The only thing is that he is not sleeping long hours at night at the moment. I guess it was good while it lasted! Once he does start sleeping long periods of time he will have a set bed time. Now it's just whenever he happens to fall asleep but I feel like it would be next to impossible to set a bed time right now because he simply is so wide awake most days and doesn't stop until at least 10pm. Maybe I'll tackle this next week!

Every thursday I go to my parent's house because they watch Dylan on thursdays and will eventually watch the baby whenever I go back to work. It's a nice chance for Dylan and the baby to bond and my parents and sister to see the baby. Dylan doesn't dislike the baby, he just doesn't particularly like going near him. My mom did get some really good pictures though and we finally got a picture of the baby smiling. He is so gigglely all the time but for some reason, every time I pull out the camera he freezes! Here he is smiling away and some pics of him and his big cousin:











On Wednesday we decided to set up the baby's high chair. Since he's always awake all day, we figured that instead of putting him in his swing while we ate, he could come join us at the table. At first he wasn't a big fan but then he just decided to hang out and listen to the conversation.



Pepe Ray came over for a visit today and we had a nice visit. The baby slept through most of it since he was a party animal all night long. He woke up right when Pepe was leaving and Eric gave him a bottle. He was up for about an hour smiling and laughing but then he started to get tired. He fell asleep in my arms and I decided to put him in his crib to nap which is always a risk since he never sleeps in his crib for more than 45 minutes. When I laid him down he woke up fussing. I put him on his side so that maybe he'd be a little more comfortable. I went downstairs to make myself some lunch. When I came back upstairs I found him like this:



Yup, He rolled right over onto his stomach. The other day he almost rolled on him stomach while playing on the floor but his arm got caught so he gave him. That time he had done all the work, I hadn't rolled him on his side or anything. With a head start from me, It looks like he figured out how to get his arm out of the way!

No comments: