Sunday, July 19, 2009

beautiful day, beautiful place, beautiful family

Eric has always talked about this park that he wanted to go to. Late Friday afternoon, we drove out to it and when we got there I realized it was Dean Park in Shrewsbury which I had heard a lot about. It was a beautiful, big park. We walked around and sat by the pond and were going to feed the baby when I realized that the bottle I had put together was sitting at home. That was the end of our trip!
We decided to head back to the park the next day for a picnic and to walk around. We went later in the day when the weather cleared up. I'll narrate the rest of this through the pictures:

This is the baby sleeping through the picnic:


This is where we ate our lunch/dinner. There were a few of these little areas with picnic tables under them.


Ok so disregard the dates on some of these pictures. I'm going to look back at this one day and say "geez it was a really nice day in Janaury of 2005!"










The baby was very distracted by people walking by in these pictures:




Wonder what's so interesting on the ground!:


Erics by the Dean Park sign:







The baby slept most of the day away. He loves being outside and it was so nice and peaceful! This is him sleeping on our hour and a half walk:


There's a little brook that runs through the park:


Ok this is by far the best part of this park. There are these fountains in the middle of the pond and they shoot up along with music at certain times of the day. You have to either bring a radio or sit in your car to listen to the radio station and get the full effect of the fountains. They have lights in them too which we want to go back at night so we can see the lights at night. Here's the times that the fountains sync to the station so we always know!:


Here's the fountains:


The Canadian geese that live in the park:



The pond from the other side:



A bad shot of the gigantic playground. The exciting part is that there is a little playground for little kids too. We are excited to take the baby there next summer and he can enjoy the little playground:



So of course what would make a day like this complete without ice cream?? There is this ice cream place on Rt 9 that I've wanted to go to so we stopped there. It's called Thumbs Up Creamery and it's at the Green Thumb. We sat on the side away from Rt. 9 and all you could smell were all the pretty flowers that were around us and in the green houses in the back. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day. We went inside and discovered that they also sold fresh fruit and veggies. Outside there was a "petting zoo" that only consisted of 3 goats and a donkey but it was still cute!






I love going on little adventures like we did on Saturday. It's so nice to be able to do it with our new family. It's also nice to explore the area around us. There is so much in the area that we live to go to and try out. Our next adventure may be the Westborough town beach!
On a completely different note... When we were at Dean Park on Friday Eric got a call from the Union. They have a job for him for the next three weeks. We are very excited and we hope this leads to a full time job but even if it doesn't at least it's something.
However, I am a little sad. As hard as it was sometimes going through everything we've gone through since Eric got laid off in December, I'm really going to miss having him around every day. Because he was laid off for so long he was able to go to almost every one of my doctors appointments when I was pregnant and he's been to every doctor's appointment that the baby has had. On Friday I'll be going to the doctors with the baby but without Eric for the first time :(
If we had all the money in the world I wish we could both be stay at home parents. But such is life!
Eric has been smoke free for almost two weeks now! He just up and quit and seems to be doing very well! Hopefully it lasts!

That's all folks!

No comments: