Monday, July 13, 2009

I need a nap

I have been a little worried about the baby because he seriously does not nap during the day for more than about 2 hours total or so. When he wakes up he screams like he's in pain and it takes about 15 minutes to calm him down. I don't know if he's having bad dreams or if he didn't get a long enough nap or what. It makes me very tired to try and entertain him all day. There's only so much you can do with a 4 month old. Normally after his mid afternoon cat nap I take him out for a long walk to get him to nap longer. That plan didn't go so well today since I walked 4 times around the neighborhood before he actually fell asleep. In talking to other mom's it seems as if this is a common problem. I just hate when he's miserable but won't sleep. That's normally when daddy takes over. He's good at getting him to calm down and have fun. I just get too stressed out worrying that he's not sleeping. Maybe I need to just relax and think of naps as more of a unexpected surprise as opposed to a regular occurance. Then I won't think too much into it. I just figure with how much he wiggles, you'd think that he would crash but nope, he naps for 20 minutes and that's the end of it. Someday when he's my age, he will appreciate naps! I'm just afraid he has my sleeping habits. I'm not a very solid sleeper and I don't get a whole lot of sleep during the night and if I do nap it's normally for about 5 minutes. Although I'm not sure I want him to have Eric's sleep habits either because he can sleep through a train coming right through our room. He's hard enough to wake up, I really would not look forward to mornings if they are both hard to wake up trying to get one up for work and one for school, yikes! I remember when baby Eric first came home. He was only awake basically to eat. I got so much sleep back then... those were the days!

So I'm all about using the video camera feature on my camera these days. I took a little video of Mr. WildMan. This video was taken around 7pm. He napped for about 45 minutes after his first bottle today and about an hour total after his second bottle. This video was taken 3 hours after his third bottle. You'd think he would be exhausted since he hadn't napped yet but nope! He did however crash after his fourth and final bottle of the day. At least he sleeps through the night!

No comments: