On Sunday after I fed Eric his last bottle of the night he passed out while I was holding him. So I threw caution to the wind and decided to tackle getting him to sleep in his crib instead of his car seat. That night he got up several times. I think he thought it was nap time so he'd be wide awake in his crib wanting to hang out. I have my three day rule so I told myself I would try it for three days and see what happens. By day number three we were both dillusionally tired. I wanted to keep plugging away because it seemed to be getting a little better. Night number 4 he only woke up I think twice. I stopped going in to check on him because I know that he knows how to sleep through the night. I did enjoy seeing him sleep in his crib because he would generally turn on his side and sleep all snuggled up with his silky. It was very cute. So yesterday around 6:15pm I decided to take the baby for a walk. I put him in his car seat and snapped it into his stroller. He fell asleep on the walk but normally he'll wake up once I bring him in the house. He didn't wake up at all which I was surprised about so I was able to relax. I figured he'd wake up for his last bottle which was at 8 (the last one he had had previous to that was around 4pm). 8 O'clock came and went and he was still sleeping. I didn't know what to do because he hadn't had his medicine yet that day and his last bottle but he wasn't waking up. I picked his carseat up off the floor in our room and brought it into his room to see if he would stir.. nothing. I put him in the car seat in the crib, not even a finger moved. Would you believe he didn't wake up until 7:30am this morning??? I guess he was exhausted from trying to sleep in his crib all week and was so happy to be in his car seat! He went so long without a bottle I was shocked! So then the connundrum was whether to have him sleep in his car seat tonight or the crib. I chose the car seat because frankly I'm tired and so is he. On Monday I'm going to tackle cereal again and once he is comfortable with getting cereal and vegetables in him I will try again.
On Thursday we went to visit my Gramma McNeil and then we went to my parents house as usual. My mom had brought out the excersaucer that she has and Eric tried it out for the first time. He did ok. The only thing is that the toys on it are attached and toys like that make him very mad and he just starts yelling at them so he didn't stay in long.
Today Eric is 20 weeks old which in my mind makes him 5 months old. However, I get very confused by this because he was born on the the 13th so do I go by that date or the weeks old he is because it doesn't add up? If you ask my dad about it he gives this big mathematical explanation. I've decided that from now on I will go by the 13th. So technically he won't be 5 months old for another almost 2 weeks. At that point I will post his 5 month pictures.
Picture time!
cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment