Friday, July 3, 2009

Fourth of July Fireworks

First of all, I cannot believe it is the fourth of July weekend already. This summer is flying by! Hopefully at some point we'll have nice weather so that we can enjoy the summer. I'm just happy that it's not freezing and snowing.
Every year we go to the Northbridge fireworks. I have been going for as long as I can remember. I love the fourth of July because I love fireworks. So we wanted to take the baby but we weren't really sure how that would go. The baby startles fairly easily but we thought that if he was awake he would like the bright colors. We went to our friend's house first for a mini cookout and then we went to the fireworks. The baby fell asleep at our friend's house and since he's just started sleeping through the night I was praying that he would stay asleep.
We got to the fireworks just in time to see them start. Then something hit me... you never realize how loud fireworks are until you have an infant with you! Yikes! It made the fireworks a little stressful. Eric kept checking the baby to make sure he was ok. He would jump when he heard the loud bangs and then pass right back out. Thankfully he slept through most of it except the super loud ones. I hope we didn't scare him too much. Maybe if we go to any more fireworks this year we'll watch them from the car!
Happy Fourth of July!!!

No comments: