The baby had his four month doctors appointment today. It was the first time I took him to the doctors without Eric. I survived but definitely missed having Eric there. He would always get very excited about the appointments and we would make guesses on how big the baby is. The result is that he is 13 lbs. 11 oz and 24 and 3/4 inches. He is still a peanut! My mom looked it up and when I was his age I was 16 lbs and 27 inches. I was a long one! I'm sure he'll catch up. There's not a huge chance that he will be short but we will see!
The nurse practitioner was very happy with his progress. When she was talking to me he was sitting on my lap smiling away at her. She was impressed by how social he is. She was also very impressed by his motor skills. He's a strong one! He's been able to sit on his own for a month or two but he's mainly completely bent over trying to eat his toes. However, lately he will sit up taller for a few seconds or so on his own.
She talked about starting him on cereal and baby food in the next few weeks. I had stopped doing cereal three days after I started because it just wasn't going well. He was spitting up a lot and I think he was still getting used to being on his antibiotic. So I don't know when I'll start. I guess whenever I have the urge. Frankly feeding him bottles is so much easier but I guess he has to eat solids someday!
She also confirmed that he is getting teeth. He's got two teeth coming in on the bottom, almost through the gum. They are the tiniest teeth! He seems to be taking it well. He's not unusually fussy or uncomfortable.
He got two shots today again. He screamed of course but this nurse was quick and good at them. He calmed down as we were leaving. I put him in his stroller and gave him his binky and told him he had to hold it in his mouth because I couldn't hold it for him. The secretary was pretty impressed when he actually did hold it haha. He does that all the time... well we hardly give him his binky but when we do he always holds it in! By the time we were at the elevator which is right outside the door he was smiling away at me (the binky stayed in for about 5 seconds even with him holding it). I gave him some tylenol anyway this afternoon because I figured with his teeth coming in and the shots I wanted to make him comfortable.
So the next big thing will be cereal and having him sleep at night in his crib instead of his car seat, dun dun dun! I am in no hurry for this but it has to happen eventually. He sleeps so well in his carseat at night, about 11 hours a night, so the last thing I want is to start getting up in the middle of the night again! My thought process is that he doesn't sleep great in his carseat during the day so it's not the end all be all but he does seem much cozier in it than any other place. Whenever we put him in it during the day he does seem to calm down and half the time he'll just pass out in it before we even leave the house. I just feel bad because I feel like he is always in his car seat! One of these days when I'm feeling daring I will try. Maybe next week I won't plan too much during the day so if he doesn't sleep during the night I can nap with him during the day... for the 20 minutes he naps at a time. Or maybe I'll try cereal first before all of this, I don't know!
No comments:
Post a Comment